The 1958 quarter with no mint mark is worth around $6.50 in extremely fine condition. In uncirculated condition the value is around $9 for coins with an MS 60 grade. Uncirculated coins with a grade of MS 65 can sell for around $18. The 1958 D quarter is worth around $6.50 in extremely fine condition..
What’s the value of a 1958 quarter?
USA Coin Book Estimated Value of 1958 Washington Quarter is Worth $5.89 in Average Condition and can be Worth $8.02 to $24 or more in Uncirculated (MS+) Mint Condition. Proof Coins can be Worth $15 or more.
Is a 1964 silver quarter worth anything?
The 1964 Quarter Dollar coin was the United States’ first commemorative coin. It was designed in 1932 and later changed into a regularly issued coin in 1934. John Flanagan, a skilled sculptor, designed it. The 1964 quarter value is $0.25 as the face worth, but fetches about $12 in its mint uncirculated state.
What pennies are valuable?
10 Most Valuable Old Pennies and What They’re Worth
- 1792 Birch Cent – About $2.6 Million.
- 1943 Bronze Lincoln Penny – About $1.7 Million.
- 1793 Strawberry Leaf Cent – About $863,000.
- 1793 Liberty Cap Wreath Cent – About $391,000.
- 1944 Steel Lincoln Penny – About $375,000.
- 1958 Double Die Lincoln Penny – About $336,000.
What year coins are worth keeping?
Those dated after 1964 have no premium value, and so far, none of the 50-state quarters series is worthy of saving. All half dollars dated 1964 and earlier are worth their silver value. In the Franklin half dollar series, the 1949-S, 1955 and 1956 coins are worth more than silver value.
What coins are valuable in 2021?
PCGS Graded Top 8 of 10 Most Valuable U.S. Coins Sold in 2021
- 1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle, PCGS MS65 – Sotheby’s, $18,872,250.
- 1787 $15 Wing Punch Brasher Doubloon, MS65 – Heritage Auctions, $9,360,000.
- 1822 Capped Bust Half Eagle, PCGS AU50 – Stack’s Bowers Galleries, $8,400,000.
What coins are collectors looking for?
Top 10 Coins Worth Collecting
- 01 of 10. 1909-S V.D.B. Lincoln Cent.
- 02 of 10. 1921 Peace Dollar.
- 03 of 10. 1878-CC Morgan Silver Dollar.
- 04 of 10. 1914-D Lincoln Cent.
- 05 of 10. 1955/55 Doubled Die Lincoln Cent.
- 06 of 10. 1937-D 3 Legged Buffalo Nickel.
- 07 of 10. 1916-D Mercury Dime.
- 08 of 10. 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter: Type 1.
Are wheat pennies worth anything?
Most wheat cents (wheat pennies were minted between 1909 and 1956) are worth about 4 to 5 cents. Those in better condition can have double-digit value. Special examples (especially those in near perfect condition) can be worth much more. Indian Head pennies from 1859 to 1879 are generally worth more than $10.
What year is a rare dime? #1 — 1964 Copper-Nickel Clad Roosevelt Dime
The 1964 clad Roosevelt dime is a rare coin with only a handful of specimens, and these are worth four figures or more. How do you tell a 1964 clad dime from a regular 90% silver 1964 dime? Weigh it!
Is a 1958 nickel worth anything?
What dimes are worth keeping?
These are 25 of the most valuable dimes, and they are worth a combined $8.6 million.
- 1945 S Micro S Full Band Mercury Dime.
- 1860 Liberty Seated Dime.
- 1968 No S Roosevelt Dime Proof.
- 1856 S Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1844 Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1860 O Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1874 Seated Liberty Dime With Arrows Proof.
What are the 10 rarest state quarters?
Billions of Coins Minted, but not evenly
|1.||2008-D Oklahoma||2003-P Alabama|
|2.||2004-P Iowa||2003-P Missouri|
|3.||2002-P Ohio||2003-P Illinois|
|4.||2003-P Maine||2004-D Michigan|
|5.||2008-P Oklahoma||2004-P Wisconsin|
Aug 3, 2019
Which quarters should I keep?
Simple List of 4 Rare State Quarters Worth Money
- 1999-P Delaware Spitting Horse Quarter.
- 2004-D Extra Leaf Wisconsin Quarter.
- 2005-P Minnesota Quarter Doubled Dies Quarter.
- 2009-D District of Columbia Doubled Die Quarter.
What nickels should I look for?
The Top 10 Most Valuable Nickels
- Liberty Head V Nickel. 1913. $3,737,500.
- 7-D Buffalo Nickel. 1918. $350,750.
- S Buffalo Nickel. 1926. $322,000.
- Buffalo Nickel. 1916. $281,750.
- D Buffalo Nickel. 1913. $143,750.
- S Buffalo Nickel. 1917. $138,000.
- D Buffalo Nickel. 1920. $138,000.
- Shield Nickel. 1867. $132,250.
What is the most wanted quarter? The Top 15 Most Valuable Quarters
- 1834 Proof Capped Bust Quarter.
- 1841 Proof Liberty Seated Quarter.
- 1804 Draped Bust Quarter.
- 1828 Capped Bust Quarter – Repunched Denomination 25/5/50C.
- 1838 Proof Liberty Seated Quarter – No Drapery.
- 1805 Draped Bust Quarter.
- 1850 Proof Liberty Seated Quarter.
Why are 1983 quarters valuable? Among Washington quarter dollars, some issues from the 1980s that are generally worth face value become rarities in top Mint State grades. The Philadelphia Mint struck more than 673.5 million 1983 quarter dollars, but of the more than 1,000 graded by PCGS, just 11 have been graded MS-67.
What quarter has the highest value? 1796 Draped Bust Quarter (Value: $1,740,000)
This figure makes the 1796 Draped Bust Quarter a rare commodity. This coin has been preserved and well protected for more than 200 years. It was made with high-quality materials that have made it the most valuable quarter in the United States quarters.
What Washington quarters are worth money?
The 1983-P Washington quarter proves the rarest in uncirculated condition and is worth about $20 and up there. Meanwhile, the 1982-P, 1982-D, and 1983-D quarters are also scarce and trade for $5 to $10 and up in uncirculated grades.
What year of quarters are worth keeping?
Quarters dated 1964 and earlier are 90% silver and worth many times their face value. With today’s high value of silver your old coins are becoming surprisingly valuable. Scarce and rare quarters are found in all the design series. Early era quarters, 1796 to the 1890’s are all scarce.
What is the 1965 quarter error?
The error type is also sometimes called a “wrong metal” error. This 1965 Washington quarter dollar is struck on a 90 percent silver planchet and graded About Uncirculated 53 by Professional Coin Grading Service.
What makes a 1965 quarter worth so much?
In 1965, the US Mint officially switched from 90% pure silver coins to ones made from copper-nickel alloy. The new coins had a 75% copper/25% nickel cladding over a pure copper core, making the coin 8.33% nickel by volume.
What is the rarest silver quarter?
There are some other silver coins that are the most valuable silver coins. The highest selling silver quarters are indeed some of the rare silver coins .
1932 – 1964 Silver Quarters: 90% silver.
|1932||5,404,000||$4.00 – $400.00|
|1932 D||436,800||$200.00 – $1,500.00|
|1932 S||408,000||$200.00 – $1,500.00|
|1934||31,912,052||$3.00 – $100.00|
What penny is worth $1000000?
1943-S Lincoln Cent Sells for $1 Million.
How much is a 2021 penny worth?
Most 2021 pennies in circulated condition are only worth their face value of $0.01. These coins can only sell for a premium in uncirculated condition. The 2021 penny with no mint mark and the 2021 D penny are each worth around $0.30 in uncirculated condition with an MS 65 grade.
Why is a 1958 D penny rare? One of the biggest and rarest errors for Wheat Pennies is the 1958 Doubled Die Error. Only three examples are known to exist, with only two being officially graded by PCGS, a third party grader. Doubling can be seen very clearly on the obverse of the coin.