Happy, relaxed and guaranteed lots of fun! So is a pool party, a simple and easy-to-make theme that is sure to please everyone. In movies, music videos and series, the traditional pool party it goes well in celebration of an anniversary, wedding or any other type of event.
To help you put together the perfect pool party, we’ve prepared some tips and a cool walkthrough. Follow up!
It is a fact that this type of party is more suited to the summer, on a day with a lot of sun or heat (if it is at night). For having all this vibe of joy, it’s nice to invest in flashy things that are the face of the season.
It is not new that this celebration is very successful with celebrities abroad, even seen as ostentation by the youngest. But you don’t need to spend a lot to invest in this event, just have a good space (of course!) and creativity!
Tips on How to Throw a Pool Party
- Choose a large space, even more so if there are many guests for the party. As the swimming pool is the flagship of the celebration, it shouldn’t be small.
- One farmhouse it’s the best place to have a pool party. It has everything you need and it’s still far away, that is, you can make a lot of noise and enjoy it a lot!
- Although it sounds simple, you need to plan everything in advance for the party to be perfect. Start thinking about the details 2-3 months before the event (this varies depending on how important it is), never leave it to the last minute – and always ask for help from friends and family.
- A good pool party calls for a fun and cool vibe. Spread colorful balloons, buoys, various accessories, chairs to rest.
- pay attention to safety. As intimate as it is, problems can happen. Leave a closet at the disposal of each person/family or a space for them to store their belongings.
- If possible, hire a lifeguard or keep an eye on the people in the pool. If your party has alcoholic beverages (probably), someone can abuse it and end up going over the limit. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, so keep an eye out!
You can pick up lots of Hawaiian party ideas to throw a perfect pool party too!
- Food and drink must follow the summer themed: refreshing, colorful and that please everyone. And no heavy stuff, like feijoada and the like.
- The mood depends a lot on the type of party. If it’s a wedding, it could be something more refined. For an anniversary, let the guests free, as well as another kind of relaxed celebration.
- A cool tip to keep the pool party lively is to invest in games inside and outside the pool. Leave balls and buoys at the guests’ disposal, make water balloons and take full advantage of grassy spaces.
- Ah, another idea is to spread hammocks further away from the pool. It’s also worth leaving sarongs for those who want to sleep on the grass or sunbathe (towels and sunscreen are also included, or make it clear on the invitation so no one forgets).
To check out more tips and various DIY tutorials, check out the videos!
For those of you who want to have a cheap pool party, without spending too much:
Pool Party Decoration
Day and night, there’s no secret to decorating your pool party. Inflatables – such as buoys -, furniture for resting and a good coffee table (and some scattered tables – those made of plastic) already set the exact tone for the celebration.
If the area is large, put tables with umbrellas to set the right tone for your pool party!
During the day
Well, in this case what will change will be the fact of lighting. Invest in colored lights, torches around the pool and maybe even a small dance floor with neon lights!
What to serve?
O menu of a pool party should have light and fresh foods. Bet on easy-to-make snacks and snacks or a barbecue – which is simple and practically everyone likes it.
Prepare a coffee table with appetizers (natural sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, pies, savory cakes, sweets, ice cream, fruits and various canapés.
Already for the drinks, leave Water always available, as well as fruit juices, soft drinks, flavored water, cocktails and alcoholic beverages (in this case, it is ideal not to make it available to avoid exaggeration).
What clothes to wear?
The perfect look for a pool party has several possibilities. The fact is, it needs to be something very light and summery.
- Short shorts;
- Get out;
- Dresses (even at night);
- Light shirts;
- Printed or monochromatic blouses;
- Light sandals, slippers and the like;
- MANY accessories to protect face and hair (hat, sunglasses), as well as basics like bracelets, necklaces and discreet earrings.
Bet on colorful clothes, in warm colors and with cheerful prints!
The make needs to be basic and always waterproof. Sunscreen is mandatory for a pool party during the day.
Everything related to men’s beachwear. There is no difficulty:
- Basic and light t-shirts;
- Shorts or shorts – other than the ‘heavy’ ones;
- White or light colored floral or traditional shirt;
- Low sneakers, moccasin or slippers;
- Accessories such as sunglasses, cap, hat and bracelets.
To go to the party, the look can be enhanced. During the celebration, however, bet on swimsuits (swimwear, bikini, bathing suit). Then change your clothes on your way out.
What songs to play?
The playlist should be very lively and with songs that put people to dance and enjoy the party. If you don’t have a DJ on duty to command, invest in the hits of the moment and those classic sounds that everyone likes.
pop and electronic are great requests, including several clips by artists in these genres have pool party as the theme.
Among the national themes, funk is always on the rise and puts a lot of people to rejoice – remember that the purpose of the party is to have fun. Samba is also cool, especially if you have that classic barbecue.
Well, as musical taste is super relative, a eclectic playlist pleases everyone and guarantees the success of your party. To inspire you, listen to these sequences that run on Youtube:
YouTube has several playlists with songs for a perfect pool party! Search and put the best sounds to play in your party!
spoke in pool party, everyone will be excited. Enjoy the hot days and invest in the pool party, a super simple and easy theme to make! I hope you enjoyed the tips, and any questions just leave a comment on the post. Happy party and see you next time! 😀