The Christmas table is the meeting point to enjoy unforgettable evenings with your loved ones. Decorating it is a ritual every year. If you love the choice of tablecloths, cutlery, crockery, centerpieces and ornaments to surprise and entertain your guests, this article is for you. Today we’ll give you some ideas for the Christmas table decoration.
If you are a new host this year, it is normal that you have doubts when it comes to dressing up the Christmas table. It’s the right time for you to think about all the necessary elements to get a perfect table.
In Christmas table decoration Every detail counts to get a decoration 10. Start by choosing the decorative style that you like and combines with the one you like best. embellishment of your house. Then choose the predominant tones and then you can add the rest of the necessary elements for a special celebration.
Arrangement of the elements at the Christmas table
The table protocol is very important in the decoration of Christmas tables. The layout of each element is designed to make things easier for diners.
- Cutlery: it is recommended to place the knife and the spoon on the right side of the plate, and the fork on the left side. Dessert cutlery goes on top of plates. They are always placed from outside to inside according to their use.
- Glassware: you must place at least one glass of wine, one of water and one of champagne. Ideally, they should be from the same collection.
- Crockery: you should never place a deep dish directly on the tablecloth, first you should color the flat dish. To protect the tablecloth and add an elegant detail, you can place under plates.
- The bread and butter plates are placed on the upper left side of the plate.
- Napkins. Its placement is flexible, both on top of the plates and on one side.
- Table runner: it is a good way that all the elements are in order, as well as providing a special touch.
Decoration of Christmas tables in gold
The gold is one of the tonalities that are holiday trend. Along with the silver are the star colors of the season. It is one of the most glamorous options for decorating Christmas tables.
The glassware with golden edge will look great, the cutlery in this tone will add an elegant and sophisticated touch. For an elegant Christmas table decoration bet on the combination of white and gold. It is best to choose white tablecloths and reserve gold for cutlery, crockery and accessories (napkin rings, candles, Christmas balls).
You might be interested in reading: Ideas for elegant Christmas tables.
Nordic style for the Christmas table
It is at this time of year when the Nordic or Scandinavian style takes on a greater role. It is characterised by a minimalist Christmas table decoration inspired by nature, where clean, functional and orderly environments can also be observed.
If you are passionate about this style, don’t overload the decoration, opt for neutral colours (white, beige or grey). The natural elements are trend in the decoration of Christmas tablesThe main characteristics of this plant are: dry pineapples, spruce leaves and characteristic Christmas plants. These elements have the power to evoke what really matters: sharing unforgettable moments in the company of family and friends.