Alan Ford, 84, American Olympic swimmer, emphysema. Jean Fournet, 95, French conductor. Edward McMichael, 53, American tuba player, bludgeoned..
What happened Nov 2008?
Democrat Barack Obama wins the 2008 United States presidential election after beating Republican John McCain, becoming the first African American to be elected to the office of President of the United States. (CNN)
What famous actors died in 2008?
Date of Death between 2008-01-01 and 2008-12-31 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- George Carlin. Actor | Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.
- Paul Newman. Actor | The Hustler.
- Heath Ledger. Actor | Brokeback Mountain.
- Brad Renfro. Actor | Apt Pupil.
- Charlton Heston. Actor | Ben-Hur.
- Nina Foch.
- Suzanne Pleshette.
- Majel Barrett.
How did Obama win in 2008?
Obama won a decisive victory over McCain, winning the Electoral College and the popular vote by a sizable margin, including states that had not voted for the Democratic presidential candidate since 1976 (North Carolina) and 1964 (Indiana and Virginia).
Who ran against Obama?
2012 United States presidential election
|Nominee||Barack Obama||Mitt Romney|
|Running mate||Joe Biden||Paul Ryan|
Who died August 27th 2008?
27. Sally Abston, 74, American surgeon and scientist, kidney failure and hypertension. Del Martin, 87, American gay rights activist, first legal same-sex marriage in California, complications from bone fracture.
What celebrity has a birthday on July 14th?
Here are some of the notable people celebrating birthdays today, including Jackie Earle Haley, Jane Lynch, Kyle Gass, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Tameka Cottle and more.
Who died in 2009 Famous?
Celebrity Deaths 2009
|Pat Hingle January 4||Ricardo Montalban January 14||Paul Harvey (Aurandt) February 28|
|Farrah Fawcett June 25||Michael Jackson June 25||Eunice Kennedy Shriver August 11|
|Edward “Ted” Kennedy August 25||Patrick Swayze September 14||Brittany Murphy December 20|
Who died today in Hollywood 2020?
- Actor and comedian Orson Bean, 1928 – 2020.
- Singer and composer Ronald Bell, 1951 – 2020.
- Actress Honor Blackman, 1925 – 2020.
- Actor Chadwick Boseman, 1976 – 2020.
- Actor Wilford Brimley, 1934 – 2020.
- MLB All-Star Lou Brock, 1939 – 2020.
- NBA star Kobe Bryant, 1978 – 2020.
- Actor Jeremy Bulloch, 1945 – 2020.
Who died in 2008 Famous?
Celebrity Deaths 2008
|Suzanne Pleshette January 19||Heath Ledger January 22||Bo Diddley June 2|
|Tim Russert June 13||Estelle Getty July 22||Paul Newman September 26|
What comedian died in 2008?
In 2008, he was posthumously awarded the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. In 2004, he placed second on Comedy Central’s list of top 10 American comedians.
|Birth name||George Denis Patrick Carlin|
|Born||May 12, 1937 New York City, U.S.|
|Died||June 22, 2008 (aged 71) Santa Monica, California, U.S.|
Who died July 14th 2008?
14. Miguel Benavides, 68, Cuban actor. Y. V.
Who died on January 1st 2008?
1. Salvatore Bonanno, 75, American mobster, heart attack. Peter Caffrey, 58, Irish actor, complications from stroke.
What big happened in 2008?
November 4 – 2008 United States presidential election: Democratic U.S. Senator Barack Obama is elected as the 44th President of the United States and U.S. Senator Joe Biden is elected the 47th Vice President. Barack Obama becomes the first African-American President-elect.
Who died in February 2008? Russi Karanjia, 95, Indian journalist, editor of Blitz. Władysław Kawula, 70, Polish footballer. Shell Kepler, 49, American actress (General Hospital), fashion designer (HSC), renal failure. Ralph Wallace, 58, American politician, member of the Texas State House (1977–1992).
Who died 2008 August? Sally Insul, 92, American actress, heart failure. Craig Jones, 23, British motorcycle racer, head injuries from a race crash. Peter Kass, 85, American actor, director and teacher. Eri Kawai, 43, Japanese pop and classical singer, liver cancer.
Who died in June 2008?
- Anne d’Harnoncourt, 64, American chief executive of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, natural causes.
- Brian Doyle, 77, Australian Olympic bronze medal-winning (1956) rower.
- Maurizio Galli, 75, Italian Roman Catholic bishop, Bishop of Fidenza (1998–2007).
- Al Jones, 62, British folk singer.
Who died in September 2008?
Carl Kaufmann, 72, German Olympic silver medallist (1960). Sheldon Keller, 85, American comedy writer, complications from Alzheimer’s disease. Don LaFontaine, 68, American voice-over artist, complications from pneumothorax. Henry Wako Muloki, 87, Ugandan Kyabazinga of Busoga since 1995, esophageal cancer.
Who died in January 2008?
Salvatore Bonanno, 75, American mobster, heart attack. Peter Caffrey, 58, Irish actor, complications from stroke. Pratap Chandra Chunder, 89, Indian Cabinet Minister (1977–1980), heart disease. Harold Corsini, 88, American photographer, stroke.
Who died in March 2008?
Elena Nathanael, 61, Greek actress, lung cancer. Leonard Rosenman, 83, American composer (Barry Lyndon, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home), Oscar winner (1977, 1978), heart attack. Semka Sokolović-Bertok, 72, Croatian actress, stroke. George Walter, 79, Antiguan Premier (1971–1976), heart attack.
Who died in October 2008?
Bob Friend, 70, British newscaster, cancer. Gidget Gein, 39, American bassist (Marilyn Manson), drug overdose. Tanya Halesworth, 73, Australian television news presenter, cancer. Eileen Herlie, 90, British-born American actress (Hamlet, All My Children), complications of pneumonia.
Who was the youngest president?
The youngest person to assume the presidency was Theodore Roosevelt, who, at the age of 42, succeeded to the office after the assassination of William McKinley. The youngest to become president by election was John F. Kennedy, who was inaugurated at age 43.
What did Obama do for the country?
Major acts and legislation
- Responding to the Great Recession. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- Wall Street reform. Credit CARD Act of 2009.
- Taxation and spending. Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010.
- 2013 debt ceiling crisis and government shutdown.
Who opposed Obama in 2012? In February 2012, Obama held a sizable lead over both Mitt Romney (53–43) and Rick Santorum (53–42) nationally. By the end of March 2012, Obama’s lead over Romney had narrowed to approximately 2.4% (46.6–44.2) nationally.