|Day(s)||Group, Culture or Cause Recognized|
|All Month||French-American Heritage Month|
|4||Filipino-American Friendship Day|
|9||The Martyrdom of the Bab|
Is July Disability Awareness month?
July has been an important month in the history of disability rights ever since President George H.W. Bush signed the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) into law in 1990.
Which month is diversity month?
April is Celebrate Diversity Month, a celebration that was initiated in 2004 to recognize and honor the diversity surrounding us all. By celebrating differences and similarities during this month, organizers hope that people will gain a deeper understanding of each other.
What are the awareness months for 2020?
- April is Month of the Military Child.
- Alcohol Awareness Month.
- Autism Awareness Month.
- National Youth Sports Safety Month (United States)
- Parkinson’s Awareness Month.
- Stress Awareness Month.
- Testicular Cancer Awareness Month.
- World Habitat Awareness Month.
What month is Special Needs awareness month?
March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month | Special Needs Alliance.
What health awareness is in July?
National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month is observed each July to bring awareness to the unique struggles that racial and ethnic minority communities face regarding mental illness in the United States.
What are the themes of each month?
Monthly Character Themes
- Every month we focus on a specific character theme. Mrs.
- November-Loyalty (Good Citizenship/Veterans)
- December-Compassion (Kindness)
What is this month celebrating?
Heritage Month Guide
|March||National National Women’s History Month, Irish-American Heritage Month|
|April||March 13 to April 15 is National Deaf History Month|
|May||Asian Pacific American Heritage, Older Americans Month and Jewish American Heritage Month|
|June||Gay Lesbian Pride Month|
What is ADHD awareness month? National ADHD Awareness Month – October 2022.
What each month is known for?
2022 Harvard Heritage Months
- February: Black History Month.
- March: Women’s History Month.
- April: Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Month.
- May: Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.
- June: Pride Month.
- July: Disability Pride Month.
- September: Latinx Heritage Month.
- October: LGBTQ+ History Month.
What month is National disability month?
This is the 28th Year the United States has recognized and celebrated March as National Disability Awareness Month! On February 26, 1987 President Ronald Reagan officially declared Proclamation 5613 making March National Disabilities Awareness Month.
What is June the National month of?
June is National Fruit and Vegetables Month, which is apt, since many of us plant gardens this month. What is this? It is also National DJ Month, National PTSD Awareness Month and National Salsa Month.
What each month is named after?
September, October, November and December are named after Roman numbers 7, 8, 9 and 10 – they were originally the seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth months of the Roman year! Before July and August were renamed after Roman rulers, they were called Quintilis and Sextilis, meaning fifth and sixth months.
What is National disability Day?
National Disability Independence Day on July 26th commemorates the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on July 26th, 1990. The ADA provides protection from employment discrimination as well as better access to goods, services, and communications for people with disabilities.
What month is cerebral palsy awareness? March is National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month, and Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day is Friday, March 25th. This initiative was started by a cerebral palsy advocacy group in 2006.
What is National Disability Awareness Month 2021? National Disability Employment Awareness Month: October 2021. A .
Is June an awareness month? June is Cataract Awareness Month. A cataract is a clouding of the eye’s lens, which blocks or changes the passage of light into the eye.
What are the cultural months?
- Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 – October 15)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American/American Indian Heritage Month (November)
- African American/Black History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
What national month is August?
On the medical front, August is National Immunization Awareness Month, Medic Alert Awareness Month, National Wellness Month, Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness Month, National Eye Exam Month and Children’s Eye Health and Safety Month.
What is global diversity awareness month?
This October, celebrate Global Diversity Awareness Month and pay tribute to the diverse minds and beliefs held by all cultures around the world.
Why do we celebrate Heritage Month?
In the United States, Heritage Months are periods within the year that are designated to celebrate and acknowledge various ethnic and marginalized groups. These are times not only to celebrate, but also to educate others on various groups’ histories and contributions to American History.
What National Awareness month is June?
June is Cataract Awareness Month.
What is National diversity Day?
Every year on May 21st, the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development urges everyone to do their part to bridge the gap between cultures. The day is often referred to as Diversity Day.
What is National diversity Week?
What is National Inclusion Week? Inclusion Week 2022 will take place from 26 September – 2 October. Inclusion Week is designed to celebrate everyday inclusion in all its forms.
How do we celebrate global diversity month? How to Celebrate Diversity Month (Year-Round)
- Mark your calendar for history and heritage celebrations.
- Host a Lunch and Learn.
- Share the News.
- Put on a Cultural Art Exhibit.
- Create a Question of the Week.
- Mix Up the Music.
- Schedule a Diversity Roundtable.
- Host a Job Fair.
How is National disability month celebrated?
How to Celebrate NDEAM
- Featuring NDEAM in social media activities; include the hashtag #NDEAM.
- Linking to the Commission’s NDEAM page on your website (ambar.org/NDEAM)
- Publishing an article in your newsletter or periodical.
- Hosting a CLE or webinar on disability rights or disability diversity, equity, and inclusion topics.